- Jul 14 2021
- 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Summer Dance Classes are here. | Fee: $100 per participant | Register now for your favorite dance style, or something new:
- Ballet | Ages 4-5 | Wednesdays 8:30-9:15 AM | IronWorks Atago
- Ballet | Ages 6-9 | Wednesdays 9:30-10:15 AM | IronWorks Atago
- Jazz | Ages 6-8 | Tuesdays 2-2:55 PM | IronWorks North
- Jazz | Ages 9-12 | Tuesdays 3-3:55 PM | IronWorks North
- Jazz | Ages 13-17 | Tuesdays 4-4:55 PM | IronWorks North
- Jazz | Ages 18 & older | Tuesdays 5:30-6:30 PM | IronWorks North
- Girls Hip Hop | Ages 9-12 | Thursdays 2-2:55 PM | IronWorks North
- Boys Hip Hop | Ages 9-12 | Thursdays 3-3:55 PM | IronWorks North
- Musical Theater | Ages 13 & older | Thursdays 4-4:55 PM | IronWorks North
- Adult Hip Hop | Ages 16 & older | Thursdays 5:30-6:30 PM | IronWorks North
- Jazz: In Jazz, we will focus on building our technique through strength, flexibility, and choreography training. Each class will have a warm-up, technique drills across the floor, and finish with a routine. Each exercise will have varied options to cater to your skillset. Not only will we grow as dancers but we will have a blast doing it! So whether or not you are here because dance is your passion and you want to make it your career, or you just want to have fun and stay in shape, this class is for you!
- Musical Theater: In Musical Theatre we will build our triple threat skills; singing, acting, and an emphasis on Broadway dance! In each class, we will have a physical warm-up, vocal work, and a chance to learn original choreography from your favorite Broadway shows. Through strengthening our voices, monologues, and learning dance routines you will be ready for the stage in no time! This class is for our Broadway lovers who want to belt out like Hamilton and kick high like Maria from West Side story!
- Hip Hop: In Hip Hop we will focus mainly on choreography training, learning various styles of hip hop dance through routines. Each class will have a warm-up, strength training, and a chance to learn a routine. We will also work on building our improv skills that are deeply rooted in hip-hop culture. We will learn styles like breakdancing, jazz-funk, stepping, and modern hip hop that you'd see on world tours today. This class is for anyone who loves hip hop music, high energy, and wants to have fun!
- Ballet: Come learn the classic technique of this beloved and storied art form. Each class will start with barre exercises where we’ll focus on strengthening our core and legs. Dancers will learn proper placement, balance, and foot articulation. Students will then move to the center of the room to work on both adagio (strength, balance, extension) and allegro (speed, agility, precision) exercises. This class is for anyone who loves to dance, whether you dream of being the next Misty Copeland or just want to experience the joy of ballet.
Jazz: Girls: a mask, jazz shoes, leotard, and tights or form-fitting tank and jazz pants. Hair should be pulled back off the face as much as possible. No jewelry, please. Boys: a mask, jazz shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts. No jewelry, please. Musical Theater: a mask, form-fitting athletic wear, sneakers, and jazz shoes. Character heels optional. No jewelry, please.
Hip-Hop: A mask, sneakers, and athletic wear such as a t-shirt and sweatpants. No jewelry, please.
Ballet: Girls: a mask, pink ballet slippers, pink ballet tights, and any color leotard. Skirts are not permitted. Hair should be in a bun or pulled back off the face as much as possible. No jewelry, please.
Boys: a mask, black ballet slippers, white t-shirt tucked into black leggings or athletic shorts. No jewelry, please.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are not able to get these items before the first class, that is okay! Please send your child in comfy, tight-fitting clothing, and socks.
Class Size: ballet is limited to nine (9) and all others are limited to fifteen (15) participants.
Class times are not interchangeable.