new parent support program
You don’t have to be a “new parent” to utilize or benefit from the New Parent Support Program. Parents and children can always learn new tools to improve family relation skills. Life changes such as a PCS or new sibling are unfamiliar situations to which our program’s classes or counseling can help your family adapt. If you have concerns or questions about babies, young children, parenting or family relationships, come and talk to us.
Pre-registration for all services is required to attend. Call for specific dates and times.
We offer the following classes by appointment as a home or office visit.
New Parent Support Program Orientation
Learn more about what New Parent Support offers for new parents.
breast pump education class
Daddy Boot Camp
Calling all expecting Dads! Learn the basics of infant development, baby safety, newborn care, community resources, and more. Whether it’s your first baby or third, this class is designed to be interactive and fun.
Mommy Basic Training
Start Right with Pregnancy / Journey through Pregnancy
single parents in the military
Parents as Teachers
Home visitors work with families in a one-on-one setting, to provide support and to enhance their parenting skills. Home visitors help families cope with stress, isolation, deployments and the everyday demands of parenthood.
Visits may be conducted in your home, barracks room, our office or a location convenient to you.
breast pump loaner program
toddlers & tunes
additional program offerings
- Tours for expecting parents to Dr. Shoji’s Obstetrics Clinic are held every 3rd Tuesday of the month from 1-3 PM. Please meet in the lobby of Bldg. 411 at 1 PM.
- Electric breast pumps and breast feeding literature are available.
- Toy Loaner Program: If you are new to Iwakuni and your household goods have not yet arrived, feel free to stop by and loan out some toys for your little one to be entertained until your shipment gets here.
- Birthing Ball available for check-out before and during labor.
- Literature Loaner Program – Check out books and DVD’s on parenting, disciplining, pregnancy, breast feeding and many other topics. FREE parenting books available as well.