Marine Corps Family Team Building
The Mission of Marine Corps Family Team Building is to foster personal growth and enhance the readiness of Marine Corps and Navy families, which will enable them to understand and successfully meet the challenge of the Marine Corps lifestyle. The intent is to build a strong bond between the service member, their family and the Marine Corps.
At MCAS Iwakuni, we all have an affiliation with the Marine Corps in one way or another. It has been said that there are three types of “Family” in the Corps: those who are Born Into, Sworn Into, or Married Into. The Team Building office offers relevant and standardized training in support of Family Readiness Programs.
Our goal is to reinforce the pillars of Marine total fitness by sustaining a constant state of personal and family readiness for a lifetime. We make it fun, we make it interactive and we make you want to come back for more!
MCFTB volunteers are needed in a wide range of programs and events throughout the year. Please donate your time and talents to the Family Readiness program by volunteering.VOLUNTEER TODAY
Family Readiness Officers "Know Your Fro"
Family Readiness Council
What Part of the "Family" Are You?
We all know how difficult military life can be for Marine Corps and Navy children. Luckily, L.I.N.K.S. 4 Kids offers a fun, game-filled opportunity where kids and teens can learn about the Marine Corps life.
- We cover topics such as Marine Corps history, PCS’ing, tips to stay in touch with friends, internet safety, separation and deployment and the importance of managing money. This class can be even more beneficial if you have recently moved to Iwakuni, as it provides a great atmosphere for your child or teen to make new friends.
- Kids go through a range of emotions during deployment, just as Marines and spouses do. The Readiness & Deployment Support Program has workshops offered monthly that help children identify, learn and improve various means of communication. Kids will understand the role emotions play and how to respond to and express their range of emotions that relate to deployments.
- The program will also help children understand the core components of positive character and when to ask for help.
If you took an oath to “support and defend the constitution of the United States,” then MCFTB has programs and classes to help support you.
- L.I.N.K.S. for Marines is a course offered monthly for those who want to learn how to become rich, have a successful military career and ensure smooth sailing after retirement. We have heavy hitters such as the Personal Finance Manager, the VA Representative, the Education Office, the Career Planner and the Chaplain come in and share important and current information about their subjects.
- We have several leadership-style trainings that can help you be better prepared on a personal level of readiness. Courses range from improving your communication skills to stress management. Please utilize the following links to view a full list of classes offered by MCFTB and to register for upcoming classes.
- The Team Building office can also help you get involved in the community in several ways. The majority of our events are free. So, no matter what part of the Marine Corps family you belong to, get involved and prepare yourself for a great future.
The cornerstone program of MCFTB is L.I.N.K.S. Topics such as military pay, benefits, services, separation & deployment and PCS’ing are covered by spouses who have “been there”. Our L.I.N.K.S. class offers information specific to Iwakuni, so all spouses can learn something new. Have fun, network with other spouses and if you’re so inclined, how about becoming a L.I.N.K.S. mentor?
- Our LifeSkills program is all about personal growth. Take some time to make sure you are taking care of yourself and your family. Topics range from communication to health.
- Another fundamental building block of the program is relationship building. Building Lasting Relationships will help you understand the needs and expectations of your spouse to help increase the love and respect in your relationship. Quarterly Date Nights are also offered to give you a fun evening with your spouse while we cover relationship topics such as 5 Love Languages, Conflict Management and Interpersonal Communication.
Married Into 軍人との結婚
We welcome and embrace Japanese spouses and offer support with programs and classes geared toward education and communication.
- Not only does the Japanese L.I.N.K.S. trainer provide L.I.N.K.S. classes, but also offers fun and interactive Japanese Spouses’ Topic of the Month” classes which are a friendly forum where Japanese spouses can learn about personal financial management, deployment, Family Readiness Programs, VA and more.
- Two times a month, we offer Japanese spouses’ conversational English classes where we encourage all Japanese spouses to come meet new friends and come learn about the programs MCFTB has to offer.
Social Networking Safety
NEO (Non-Combatant Evacuation Operation)
Family Care Plan
Safe & Sound at Home
Exercise, Deployment Support
Developing good coping skills is essential. MCFTB will provide you with all the information you need to be deployment-ready and successfully thrive while your loved one is away.
We push for all active duty service members (both unaccompanied & accompanied) and spouses to take advantage of the pre, mid and post-deployment workshops, classes, and events.
Other focuses of Deployment Support include: Emergency Preparedness, Safe & Sound at Home, Family Care Plans and Powers of Attorney–a crucial document every spouse in Iwakuni should have.
Pre-Deployment Brief for Active Duty
Pre-Deployment for Parents & Kids
Mid-Deployment for Kids
This workshop is designed to promote deployment success through individual self-care for the spouse or significant other. It includes information about stress management, staying connected, dealing with emotional ups and downs, and the many resources available.
The main objective is to relax and encourage participants to take care of themselves and to stay connected with their deployed service members.
Participants will learn about ways to promote deployment success through suggestions on fun things to do and the many resources available. This fun class helps each participant define his or her own way of measuring deployment success.
This is a great opportunity to assess progress so far, get new ideas for continued success, and also for participants to network with other Military spouses.
Return & Reunion for Kids
return & Reunion (Spouses & Significant Others)
We welcome and embrace Japanese spouses in everything we do. Not only does MCFTB provide L.I.N.K.S. for Japanese spouses and LINKS Mentor development in Japanese, but we also offers Japanese Spouses’ Interpersonal Communication. This workshop is a fun and interactive way for Japanese spouses to practice English and learn other important communication skills.
L.I.N.K.S. for Spouses
L.I.N.K.S. Mentor Traning
L.I.N.K.S. for Japanese Spouses
Japanese L.I.N.K.S. Mentor Training
Interpersonal Communication for Japanese Spouses
L.I.N.K.S. for Marines
L.I.N.K.S. for Teens
L.I.N.K.S. for Kids
L.I.N.K.S. for Parents & Extended Family
Personal Development Workshops
Lifeskills for Marines
Basic Anger Management
Basic Stress Management
Conquering Stress with Strength
Scared of "The Call?" – Wounded, Ill, & Injured Information
Space-A Travel Brief
Aging Parents & Elderly Care
PREP Inc© Workshops
PREP Inc© for Couples
If you are married, engaged, seriously dating, and want romance and passion in your relationship, the PREP approach is for you! Learn to talk together as friends and shut out all of life’s busyness to just be together. If you are determined to knock down communication walls that creep up with time and stress, the PREP Inc© approach is for you!
Laugh and learn as we share the tremendous joy of connecting. Relationships are an oasis of acceptance and appreciation. For everyone wanting to be understood, here’s a simple and effective tool to bring insight and closeness to your relationship. This program is scientifically-based, empirically tested, and is featured on 20/20, Oprah, and more. Whether in a new relationship or married for 20 years, this enrichment workshop takes your relationship to the next level! *Workshop and all materials are FREE.
Got Your Back
Take a break from the typical work day for interactive team building and a little self awareness! Activities, games, and animations take the place of traditional PowerPoint based learning, to help you improve your communication skills and increase your understanding on how to build the healthy, successful relationships you want.
Got Your Back promotes mindful choices, tools to reach goals, as well as methods for satisfaction with professional and personal relationships.
Do you have someone in your life who has your back? Do you have someone else’s? Join us to enhance your happiness and put your goals within reach! Each workshop features a sports activity.